Friday, July 2, 2010

Beach Trip Part 2


We got up on Wednesday, loitered about, ate the continental breakfast... I ate too much, again. We ate it out on the balcony.



Then we walked around town again. This was the funny barn-like house that made me happy.
And the matching slugbug made me so much happier.


This was seriously one of the coolest places I have ever seen. It was like something you'd find in England or something.


We thought it looked interesting, so we went in, and looked in the very cool gift shop, and then asked if we could look at the rooms. They told us we could go in any of them that had an open door. 




Each room had a different author as a theme, and had decor, pictures, art, and books that were all related.
Above, you see that the E.B. White room (he wrote Charlotte's Web) had a lot of pig decor. :-)



This was the way cool door to the Tolkien room.


And this was drawn on the wall!





The hotel had two cats that lived there and just wandered around. I found this one in the Tolkien room.
That would definitely be a perk to staying there!



The Shakespeare room... 


Love the quill.


I think this one has to be my favorite.


LOVE the colors. 
This room looks really messy because it was in the middle of being cleaned. ;-)


AWESOME bed.


Edgar Allen Poe room. Notice the axe... yikes.


And the Jane Austen room! It looked just like a bedroom from one of the movies.

Anyway, we had great fun poking around at all the rooms. There were lots more--Mark Twain, Emily Dickinson, Agatha Christie, Ernest Hemingway, Robert Louis Stevenson, and several others I hadn't heard about.


Then we went here for lunch...


and I ate this. Which was yummy.
 I was going to post about the Wax Works, but this post is already way too long, so there will have to be a part three.

7 comments:

  1. The Shakespeare one is pretty cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hotel looks AWESOME! I want to go there!
    I'm not sure I could decide which room I wanted to stay in, though.

    And that English looking house...isn't that cool?
    John and I always thought the same thing about it. :-)

    As always, sweet post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that hotel looks AWESOME! I love the Tolkein room and the Dr. Seuss ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know where I want to stay next time we go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hotel was so much fun! Great description of it. We HAVE to stay there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Jane Austen one and ofcourse the Shakespeare one...just to be patriotic! ;-) Yes, I agree it is something like you'd find in England. In Norfolk or maybe York. Oh, I love York. My brother in law comes from there. :D

    ReplyDelete



  7. شركة تنظيف كنب عجمان شركة تنظيف كنب عجمان
    شركة تنظيف سجاد العين شركة تنظيف سجاد العين
    شركة تنظيف كنب ابوظبي شركة تنظيف كنب ابوظبي
    شركة تنظيف سجاد ابوظبي شركة تنظيف سجاد ابوظبي
    شركة تنظيف شقق بدبي شركة تنظيف شقق بدبي


    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day.