Friday, September 17, 2010

How to Steal a Million


This is an adorable movie. It was made in 1966, which is a drawback, since some of Audrey Hepburn's clothing is truly awful. However, some of her clothes are cute. And she is cute, as usual.
The movie is about Paris, art, Audrey Hepburn, and a tall, blond, blue-eyed bad-boy type. 
What could be better?


The hero is Peter O'Toole, whose voice was so familiar... 
so I looked him up and found out that he is the voice for Anton Ego from Ratatouille!


Anyways, he was just darling.


This outfit was navy and white, and I loved it. 
Thankfully, most of her outfits were not the appalling boxy shape of the 60's...so that was a relief.

So I recommend it. There is a naked statue... just so you know... if that bothers you.
Most movie stores, mired in their folly, do not have it, so here it is on Netflix. 

15 comments:

  1. This is so funny...I click over to your blog after getting your comment on my Human Target post, and what should I discover but a post on a new favorite movie of mine! Love it!

    I discovered How to Steal a Million about a month ago and have watched it twice since then. Before this I would've never thought it possible that Peter O'Toole could pull off the role of a charming rogue so well! This movie reminded me a bit of another Hepburn flick, Charade - that one is excellent if you have never seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. I love Audrey so much....

    and I love pretty much ALL of her clothes in this movie, but then again I have a strange obsession with 60's fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this movie! I love the simplicity of the tools he uses to get into and out of the museum. There have been so many movies about breaking into museums since that it's fun to watch a really old one! The chemistry between them is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, oh! I shall have to see this movie! Yes, Peter O'Toole - Anton Ego! And Audrey Hepburn looks really young!! I don't think I've ever seen her that young.
    anyway, fun post! :) I love ones like these, dear!
    I was nice to see you yesterday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the best romantic comedies ever. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good movie.. its my sister's favorite!! :) I love the old classics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. one of my favorites!
    "Is he always so abrupt?"
    "Not in the closet."

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The movie is about Paris, art, Audrey Hepburn, and a tall, blond, blue-eyed bad-boy type."
    AND it has Eli Wallach, one of my favourite actors who happens to share my birthday. It can't get much better, really. :-) (He's the American millionaire in this film.)
    I laughed almost all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this movie!!
    Oh, and I NEVER realized he was Anton Ego! Really awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. web servers to stream from.Clicking blogrip.com on the song plays a good top quality Website mp3, and also provides me the option to Install Fildo APK on Android & Download on PC play the entire cd it's from, contribute to Fildo APK Download queue, or perhaps download and install the track for Fildo offline listening constantly an appreciated feature.

    ReplyDelete
  11. With the assistance of this guide, you frp bypass android could bypass the Google Visit here Account Security in device like Samsung frp bypass Galaxy collection, Galaxy collection.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day.