Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Inception


We watched this movie in the IMAX theater in Seattle.
Which was one of the coolest things ever. 
The screen is 6 stories high and 80 feet across. Huge enough to see the actors' pores and their stubble and the texture of their clothing. 
I loved it. 


I didn't know anything about this movie except that I had read a vague and positive review. 
I purposely didn't watch the trailer, because I didn't want to know anything. 
(This is unusual for me because sometimes when I am super-excited about a movie I watch the trailer once a day for a week.)


It's rated PG-13, for violence, basically. It does have kinda disturbing scenes, but only a tiny bit of blood.
And there is some language, but not much.


Whatever can be said of Leonardo DiCaprio's looks or his previous roles...
he is an amazing actor and he was absolutely spectacular in this movie. 


Just wanted to get that out there in the open. :-)


Tom Hardy as Eames.




Usually, Cillian Murphey (on the right)  is... how can I say this nicely? 
Vile.
However, I have to admit, he did an excellent job in this movie, and he managed to act male.
Which I appreciated.


Joseph Gordin-Levitt as Arthur.
He wears suits and ties, beats up the bad guys, has ears that stick out, wore a sweet leather jacket when he wasn't in a suit, and was in general adorable and winsome in a tough way.


Oh, and he got yelled at by Leonard DiCaprio.



Ellen Page as Ariadne.
They did a good job of making her inquisitive, smart, and capable without making her super-annoying.
And, she is cute.


Yup. It was awesome. Go see it if you haven't!
And if you have seen it...
what did you think?

12 comments:

  1. I want to see it soooooo bad! And,I've never seen anything with Leonardo DiCaprio so there's no previous opinion to possibly ruin it for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this movie as well! It was *really* good. I had actually never seen Leonardo DiCaprio in anything before, so there were no previous opinions for me. I thought he was amazing in this movie! :)

    ~ Much Love,
    Lindsay <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was my review the vague and positive one you read? I tried not to give away too much because I didn't know anything about it when I saw it and I think that was part of the experience. This is definitely one we will buy! Christmas present for Eli, maybe? Joseph and Hannah are seeing it tonight and I'm super tempted to crash their date and go with them so I can watch it again!

    I loved Arthur's character and Adriane too. And it was nice to see a non-vile Cillian Murphey. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it wasn't your review, Amanda... but I'll have to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen it, but I want too! I bet the Imax was cool.. I love those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this movie, and I love the director even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved it! It was my first DiCaprio movie too, and I was thoroughly impressed. And yes, Joseph Gordin-Levitt veret was...amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just watched "Inception" the other night, and I LOVED it! I totally agree with everything you said...especially about Ariadne and Arthur. :D All in all, an amazing movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watched Inception one night and loved it so much I watched it the next night too! I then made sure everyone new it was my favorite movie by talking about it nonstop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agree very much, Inception is epic. :) Especially in 3-D IMAX, oh yes. And 'vile' is the perfect word to describe Cillian Murphy...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day.