Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas-ing


Putting decorations up tends to be a rather painful and hectic experience. 
This year, however, it was greatly improved by:
Elvis Presley Christmas music
and hot chocolate with Irish cream.


On Saturday we got our tree. 
Here are Bethany and Benjamin, 
showing us the beauteous tree we found just a few minutes into the search.
(oh, and that's my dad on the left... eating an apple...)



Of course it was too good to be true--
I mean, we hadn't tromped all over the entire hillside, quarreling, 
getting muddy feet, and ultimately turning the entire thing into a family feud.
Benjamin got down to cut it and it was all crooked or something. So we moved on...


This picture makes me happy, because I haven't gotten a decent picture of this girl in a long time.
She is so PRETTY!


Weird Bethany and Mama. 



Ben: "This seems like a good idea!"


"Oh, this is a better idea."


Comparing footwear. Bethany is the one in the boots. : )
Like my socks? LOL.


 Yeah, he's a weirdo.



Benjamin, with strength unknown to man, felled our beauteous tree that we ended up choosing.
Without anyone getting angry at each other! 
I think that was a first.


Herman's stump.





Every year, Mama picks us each out an ornament that sort of represents our previous year. 
Last year I got this ruby-red sparkley slipper. And this year I got the Cheshire Cat. : )

20 comments:

  1. Awww...love all the pictures! They are so cool! I love the bokeh on the 3rd from last and the 2nd from last. Beautiful! That Christmas tree looks great:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! Your mum looks a LOT like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A red shoe ornament - how appropriate! :)

    That photo of the berries is stunning as is the photo of Bethany - completely gorgeous. A nice joie de vivre. :)

    And now I want hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! What lovely pictures, dear!! Glad you got your tree! ;) And the decorations and lights are all so pretty!! ♥ *sigh*
    YUM! And the hot chocolate looks absolutely delicious!!! Save some for me! ;) *HUGS*

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: And yes!!! That's a FABULOUS photo of Bethany!! She's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do we get to see a picture of your Cheshire Cat?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! My mom also gets me and my brother an ornament every year. Sometimes she picks it out, and sometimes we do (or I do, anyway. My brother could care less :).

    P.S. Elvis makes everything better.

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love The floral shoes!!
    ~Madeline
    p.s. Check out our Christmas giveaway: http://flameinthedarkness.com/fabulous-flower-bracelet-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Herman's stump"? Did you name your Christmas tree then? My family doesn't usually but this year we named our tree Gérard "Gerry" and made up a silly story about the tree being a French speaking tree because it came from Canada. We also usually cut our own tree like your family did but our local tree farm closed down this year. :(
    I love the ruby slipper ornament, how delightfully you! Bethany is so pretty! A lovely smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, Bethany is so gorgeous!!!! And...Beautiful bokeh :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss Laurie--Yes, our family names weird things like Christmas trees and Thanksgiving turkeys. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome photos! Love the berry one and the color bokeh one. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there! Thank you so much for visiting my blog/entering the giveaway/following me. This is an adorable blog and the title...priceless. LOVE IT. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are lovely photos :) I especially love the berry one.
    Thanks also for following my blog, I really appreciate it :)
    xx
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tree! It's nice that you got to cut down your own. :)
    And oh, I have that same ruby slipper! I love how it sparkles in the light of the tree.

    Love always,
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  16. That hot chocolate looks amazing! And thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures - looks like you all had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like fun! I love, love, love holly!! pretty! Your brother looks funny! Have a great day and merry christmas!

    ~Kimmi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw your tree looks quite nice. I love real trees but we always end up with a fake one! I guess it is just easier! :) I love that top photo... it got me craving hot chocolate! I think I'mm off to make a cup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day.