Monday, April 11, 2011

another bucket list item fulfilled + winners




This photo I took of my brother Benjamin in Seattle last summer was included in group one of Pioneer Woman's photography challenge for brothers. This has been a life long goal of mine (okay, well, ever since I discovered PW) and it makes me so happy. And this photo is definitely a personal favorite of mine (because this guy is crazy-awesome, because his sunglasses are my favorite, because I love Seattle muchly, because that trip was amazing, and because having big brothers to look up to (literally) is just the best.)

Maybe you skipped all that because you're ravenous to know if you were a randomly selected lucky winner. It's okay, I don't blame you. : )


Cat won the set of four upcycled frames from the art of chic


Katie won the 8.5" by 11" print in color of your choice by bubby and bean. {website}


May Amelia won the custom-made felt flower pillow by kelsi creates


Icitea (Clare) won the choice of any three flavors of lip balm from mariposa home


Libby won the set of three earrings from our daily chocolate



Gladys Barbosa won the earrings by trudy james


Anna Faith won the ring by creative kate's


sisterof5 won the handbag by dear prudence


Miss Raquel won the necklace by alejandra's jewelry


Gwendolyn won the earrings by fancy schmancy me



Mary Catherine won the 8" by 10" print by megan rene


and...Sarah Logan won the necklace by two little doves

Winners--email me with your shipping info! A new winner will be chosen by next Monday if I don't hear from you. 

I had so much fun reading about all of your favorite smells. I'm pretty sure the most popular smells were:
  • vanilla (especially the Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar scent--I totally agree!)
  • fresh-cut grass (YES! Just in the past few days I have had the pleasure of hanging my head out of the car window and sniffing mowed lawns so hard that it hurts)
  • fresh-baked bread/cookies (absolutely!)

And an answer that I especially loved:

"Actually, the smell of cherry blossoms is one of my top favorites. 
It reminds me of the days in spring where I go out and ignore the neighbors as I gather up handfuls and throw them into the air to shower down over me. . . Usually accompanied by singing and spontaneous bouts of giggles. . . "

Girl, you are SO my soul sister. Sometime we should do this together. : )

Thank you, everyone who entered, and a huge thank you to the beautiful sponsors that made this yumminess possible. You all rock.

22 comments:

  1. Yay to all the winners! Congrats! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! I'm so excited!!!!!! YAY!!! Off to email you right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I won!
    And congrats on being in the P.W. contest--you *totally* deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all the winners! Your brother's cute. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats about the PW photo contest! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's AWESOME PW picked your picture!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats.... I'm glad I said fresh mowed grass! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome brother you have!:) Aren't brothers the best thing ever? Us little sisters never seem to realize it as much though until we're older and our brothers are moved out already...three of mine our gone, working on the fourth, and two little brothers who are still playing in the back yard!:)
    Congrats to the winners...that pillow was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha its so confusing when another winner has your name(:
    excitement short lived. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your PW photo entry! So fun to see someone I know on the PW blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha WOW!! YAY!! FINALLY!! ;) Love you, friend!!

    Oh, and that's a SUPER cool pic of Benjamin :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your brother is a total cutie! Love that you have a big bro to hang with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to the winners!!

    Yeesss!! I'm so happy that one of your photos was selected! I know I'd be dancing up and down if I were you! ;) You hit the nail on the head--big brothers are THEE bestest!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool! Congrats, winners!
    I have three older sisters and three older brothers; which makes me the youngest. Big brothers AND big sisters rock!!!!!!!!
    ~MJA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, i'm glad Raquel got the eiffel tower necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats to you for being featured and congrats to all the winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so I won the handbag and I don't know how to eamil you b/c my computer won't let me. Could you just give me your email so I can email you?
    thanks so much!
    Sara Maria

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sara Maria--email me at riversong14(at)gmail(dot)com.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll pass on the lipbalms, by the way. Though I think new winners have already been selected? yeah.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day.