Life is good and busy and inspiring. I'm busy and hope to get even busier, with the goal of living each day within an inch of its life. Something I've been trying to focus on is thankfulness. Especially for the things that I wouldn't naturally think of as God's grace to me.
After reading One Thousand Gifts at the beginning of the year, I've been writing up my own gift list in my beautiful red moleskine (♥)
It's such a good exercise--looking back on the day and instead of focusing on the ridiculously irritating things that happened, learning to open my eyes to the glorious grace that God gives me. Remembering it, writing it down, giving thanks for it. and not just the easily beautiful things, but the tougher things that I know He gave me for my good.
excerpts from my gift-list, along with random pictures taken over the last couple weeks:
56. frozen yogurt with fruit loops // 65. learning how to let go // 83. rumberry lotion // 88. waking up to twenty-three texts // 96. polite man in frustrating redbox line // 121. Sistine Chapel sunset //
147. cinnabon cold cereal // 160. the brand-spanking-newness of a baby // 179. strawberries with nutella & greek yogurt // 202. wandering around in the dark on the phone // 208. vacuuming //
211. running at night in rubber boots // 214. brother-in-law's perfect fried eggs // 217. the book of Lamentations // 222. unexpected hot chocolate with whip cream & sprinkles // 228. sun roof //
231. wet asphalt in sunshine // 232. baby with newly-possible pigtail // 236. flashlightless walk home with just stars // 241. heart-shaped biscuits // 263. coming home // 267. drawing fast portraits of squirmy brown-eyed boys // 276. piano music making me cry irrationally //
289. two Starbucks drinks in one sitting [it was a long sitting okay??] // 303. lawnmower sound & smell // 305. first day that I know spring is for-real coming // 308. tiny baby-boy hand squeezing my finger alarmingly tight //