I keep my eyes glued to the clock for when it turns, and I would never dream of sleeping through it or just in general, not doing something epic right at the transition of the year. I'm just not one of those chill people who doesn't make a big deal about things.
My goals/resolutions/random things that I want to do this year include:
- get my driver's license
- actually journal (at least occasionally...)
- take a self-defense class
- buy another lens
- see a movie on opening night
- get (and stay) organized
- do ten pushups at once
- run a mile
- memorize a book of the Bible
- read The Lord of the Rings books cover-to-cover (I never have--I'm so ashamed)
- make a budget
- choose to be cheerful, even when it doesn't seem like there's anything to be cheerful about
- live more consciously & deliberately
2011 was crazy, dramatic, and beautiful. I'm giddy to find out what God has in store for me this year.
here's to new beginnings.