Thursday, July 7, 2011

the bucket list giveaway


A seventeen-prize giveaway. For you. To celebrate this glorious summer, to celebrate my graduation, to celebrate hitting one thousand followers, and to celebrate living life in general. : )

You've probably heard me talk about my bucket list. Sometimes I create and check off bucket list items as I do them, but I do have a written list in black pen in a pink notebook. This week I'll try to post an edited version. : )Anyways--I'm a big fan of lists in general, and living life to the hilt, and traveling, and elephants... and yeah.

I never, ever thought I'd have even two hundred readers. Basically, you're awesome and I love you. So I have seventeen prizes for you readers, who make my life so happy. I hope you like them as much as I do...


bucket list journal by laza flair


11" by 17" print by happy deliveries


city print of your choice by bird ave

hand-crafted leather journal by bound by hand
leather bracelet with platinum glass pearls by the lucky elephant


8" by 10" print by torn perspective


 

set of three 5" by 5" prints by susannah tucker photography 


sterling silver necklace by charming habits


two 8" by 10" prints by lemon dropp (two winners)


leather cuff bracelet by geek decree




pocket mirror by literary tease


11" by 14" print by iledan design studio (your choice of color)




vinyl wall decal by circle line studio


your choice of 8.5" by 11" print by enduring arts

rules:
{be sure and leave a separate comment for each entry, or it won't be counted!}

mandatory entry
- leave a comment telling me one of the things on your bucket list.
or if you don't have a list (yet) just something you want to do before you die.





extra entries

- be a follower

- add the blog button to your sidebar

- spread the word about the giveaway (tweet, blog, facebook, each one counts as one entry)

- do a bucket-list themed post (including parts of or all of your brand-new or long-standing list),
link to the giveaway, and link-up with the widget at the bottom of the post.
 (automatically worth two entries...you don't need to leave comments for this entry)

the giveaway will end on July 20th.



675 comments:

  1. I want to visit Scotland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to take a trip around the world before I die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The biggest thing on my bucket list is to fall in love and get married...sigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. On my bucket list: Work on a movie score with a well-known composer (like Rachel Portman or James Newton Howard)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before I die, I want to visit Ireland and Germany! I'd love to travel the whole world someday, but out of all of the countries that I've never visited, those are two that I want to visit most. Also on my bucket list is learning German. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tweeted about the giveaway!

    http://twitter.com/#!/pngcavygirl54/status/89049718017105920

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted about the giveaway on Facebook. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for a great giveaway! :-D

    Something I'd love to do someday is publish my book.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a follower of your blog. :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I just added your giveaway button to my sidebar.

    Thanks again! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. #1 item on my bucket list:

    Write a musical, and star in it on Broadway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always get so excited about amazing giveaways, and then see how many comments are left on the post and realize I don't have much of a chance of winning... but one of the things on my bucket list is to say in all seriousness "Never tell me the odds." Maybe this time I'll have Han Solo's luck. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I blogged about it: http://charityrocks1.blogspot.com/2011/07/giveaway-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I added {the adorable} button to my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I shared about your giveaway on my twitter. http://twitter.com/#!/georgiepenn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is an easy one! #1 thing on my (unofficial) bucket list: Visit my family's vineyard in Italy. So have to do that one day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow your blog (how could I not?)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My bucket has some silly things and some big things: one little thing is to have a chance to wear a formal gown at least once before I die. The other is to personally share the gospel with the people I love who aren't saved.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! awesome giveaway! :) one thing on my bucket list is to visit New York city :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I put the button in my sidebar! :)

    www.hope-liveyourlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. i follow but im confused as what you mean by entries. i really wanna win lol. im a follower, I did a bucket list blog and I also supplied a link at the bottom of my blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. One thing on my bucket list is to go to Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want to go to Paris, France!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I followed you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I put the button on my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  26. One of the things on my bucket list is to visit New Zealand, because I think it's the most beautiful and magical place in the whole wide world.

    ~Larkin

    ReplyDelete
  27. http://dramaticelegance.blogspot.com/2011/07/bucket.html

    Okay, so I had to change the URL on my blog back again. SO, I had to re-give you this link. So this is NOT an additional entry. Just a re-submission of the same link. =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. One thing on my bucket list is to go to Maine!

    ~Hannah Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  29. I follow your blog!

    ~Hannah Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  30. I put your button on my sidebar too!

    ~Hannah Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  31. One of the things on my bucket list is to just spend all day in Portland, visiting different coffee shops and having no where to go. (I don't have a very exciting bucket list.) :P

    ReplyDelete
  32. I posted your giveaway on fb!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I would like to travel all the way up the Eastern seaboard to Boston and visit places I've read about and never seen. Hopefully, we will get to do this 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi again... I posted about it here:

    http://inspire-stella.blogspot.com/2011/07/bucket-list-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. I posted about it on Google buzz... which is essentially a Google version of Facebook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awesome giveaway, Polka Dot!! :o) As usual. ;) And CONGRATS on reaching over 1000 followers...that is uh-mazing! Yay for you!!

    Ooh..I don't have a bucket list yet, but one thing I want to do before I die? Get married. :)

    ~Lucia
    (I think you know my e-mail address..)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am a follower, of course..buried somewhere in the 1000! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh,hard choice.....

    I guess lead one person to Christ.

    I always have things I would want to be a bucket list,but I forget some of things I wanted to have on my bucket list... Oh,well..

    ReplyDelete
  39. I took your button...

    asimplefarmgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I want to go to P.E Island in Canada or go to Europe.

    BTW: You have lovely prizes, especially then journals and bracelet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  41. I want to go to P.E Island in Canada or go to Europe.

    BTW: You have lovely prizes, especially then journals and bracelet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  42. And...I am your newest follower. :D

    ReplyDelete
  43. I've never seriously thought about a bucket list, but I definitely want to have a CD of my music published before I die.

    ~Melody

    ReplyDelete
  44. top on my list is just to see as much of the world as i can.
    recently added is to walk on a glacier and to see the northern lights <3
    and to visit venice as many times as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  45. what fabulous prizes! I am a follower! and I'm adding your button to my sidebar right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. before i die, i want to be a missionary, on fire for God.

    -guinevere :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Me follows you.

    By the way, I crown you the Queen of Giveaways. You ROCK. :D

    ReplyDelete
  48. Button is in my sidebar. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  49. oh yeah, and one thing on my bucket list is to work on a film with Jamie Bell ;) *blushes and dies* Uh-huh.....

    ReplyDelete
  50. One thing on my bucket list is to get a dog (Beagle) and call him Mister Good-lookin'.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I have your button on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  52. I do follow your blog :)
    The one thing is at the top of my bucket list? Live in Europe for at LEAST 5 years. (and speak French)

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hooray for a 1,000 + followers! So happy for you!

    I have a "before I turn 30" bucket list. ha! I would love to visit Buenos Aires, Argentina (where my dad is from) again, but this time- I would love to take my husband. I would love for him to see what's behind the Argentinian culture :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. Announced your giveaway on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I put your giveaway button on my sidebar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  56. I added your button to my blog sidebar. =)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Kiss my husband on the steeple balcony of the First Presbyterian Church in downtown Salisbury N.C..
    or, be held at gunpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I posted about it!

    http://girlzofgodbook.blogspot.com/2011/07/giveaway-at-life-is-too-short-not-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  59. I also shared this on facebook. =)

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hmm, I would have to say eat an entire gallon of ice cream. That's one 0f 1000s :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. I put your button on my sidebar (under the "Blogs I Visit" tab!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Before I die, I want to go to Israel.

    ReplyDelete
  63. I'm gonna have a giveaway once I reach 50 followers (so I need 7 more), so if you guys wanna check it out it's www.girlzofgod.com OR girlzofgodbook.blogspot.com.

    What is a bucket list? Is it like something you want to do before you die? The Miss Piggy quote on the sidebar made me smile :).

    ReplyDelete
  64. I also posted about your giveaway on my blog...I feel terrible leaving all these separate comments, but not enough to make me stop. =D

    ReplyDelete
  65. I want to go to Egypt before I die.

    ReplyDelete
  66. I would love to kayak down a river that runs through different states! :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. also, I really want to live in texas

    ReplyDelete
  68. and go to New York

    ReplyDelete
  69. I would love to own goats and horses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  70. Is it an international giveaway?
    ~
    Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  71. One thing on my bucket list?
    Go to Australia. most definitely :D

    ReplyDelete
  72. Your button is now on my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  73. Wow, what an awesome giveaway! Hm... Bucket list item... Getting an entire Civil War era outfit - hoopskirt, high-top boots, and all!

    ReplyDelete
  74. I follow your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  75. One of the things on my bucket list is to go bungee jumping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  76. I want to act in a play.

    katietamblingson at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  77. One item on my bucket list is to bungee jump :D.

    ReplyDelete
  78. The giveaway button is in my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  79. I want to complete my bucket list before I die :]

    ReplyDelete
  80. The button is on my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  81. I would love to go sky diving. And to go to Paris. And to meet a super star. Among other things.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Blogged about it:
    http://glitteringcompositions.blogspot.com/2011/07/nickers.html
    --Love MCat
    {glitteringcompositions.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  83. I don't have a bucket list. I would like to adopt an American Pitbull Terrier from a shelter before I die. :)

    ReplyDelete
  84. I want to go bungee jumping

    ReplyDelete
  85. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Creativity-Experiment/119299804804581
    I shared a link to it on my fb page (link is above for proof)

    ReplyDelete
  86. This may not be your favorite, but I have to say I don't have or want a bucket list. We don't have the promise of tomorrow, all we have is today. So my greatest hope is to live each day to the full Glory of God and to honor Him with all I do. So if I had a bucket list I would say
    "To be content, to be faithful to my Lord, and to honor Him each day."

    ReplyDelete
  87. Super lovely blog!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  88. One thing on my bucket list - Get married. yes, I really want to get married and have like, 5 kids.

    ReplyDelete
  89. I follow you! you have the best blog, I actually found it because my sister found it first. I know, I'm cheap - just a copycat!

    ReplyDelete
  90. I posted about your GREAT giveaway!
    www.myrandomblog9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  91. I have your button on my side bar!
    www.myrandomblog9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  92. A few things I want to do before I die:

    Learn to speak Dutch fluently.
    Ride in a rumble seat and/or convertable.
    Own a rat, hedgehog and/or basset hound.
    Travel to tons of contries.
    Be in a flash mob.

    And in general, I'd like to be an adventure-er, an explorer. Even if it's just going for little adventures around town, I want to be excited by life, and live it full!

    Love this giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  93. I posted my bucket list!

    http://myrandomblog9.blogspot.com/2011/07/bucket-list-will-be-updated.html

    ReplyDelete
  94. One thing on my bucket list is to to raise $200 for some childrens foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  95. I posted a bucket list!
    http://ahedgehoghollow.blogspot.com/2011/07/bucket-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  96. I totally need--ahem, want--to spend a month or two traveling all around Europe. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  97. As I am unaccustomed to entering giveaways, and as being a follower of your sweet blog didn't crop up in the mandatory entry rules, I'll go ahead and tell you something on my 'bucket list' and hope for the best. Kick me off as you see fit. :-D
    I would love to autograph my own books at a book signing. *wistful sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  98. Swim with stingrays, Explore a cave and Milk a Cow :)

    ReplyDelete
  99. Before I die I definatly want to go to England but as traveling seems to be common how about another.... I would also love to be able to be an actress, but a Christian one.... and to do something with music, like travel with some of my fave bands but be able to influence them so that they might convert. :) That's just a few ;)

    ReplyDelete
  100. Oh, I also posted your giveaway on facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  101. Something on my bucket list is visiting England! Always wanted to do that...:)

    ReplyDelete
  102. One of the items on my bucket list is to work or volunteer at a living history estate.

    ReplyDelete
  103. my bucket list? Go to Paris with my BEST FRIEND!!!

    ReplyDelete
  104. I don't absolutely positively want to do this before I die, but I do REALLY want to go to France!!!! Does this count? If not, please don't publish this comment ;)

    Thanks for hosting this giveaway! It's pretty great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  105. I added the giveaway button to my blog sidebar!

    faith-somethingfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  106. I blogged about this giveaway!!!!

    http://giveawaysgalore4girls.blogspot.com/2011/07/huge-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  107. Bucket List....hmmm. You've given me a great topic to follow for my next blog entry. :) Thanks!

    On mine...Scotland, definitely. I want to, not just visit, but live for a time, immersing myself beyond the tourist front most travelers get. :)

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  108. Some of my bucket list:
    1. go to mexico and live there for a year!
    2. cover every inch of my driveway and sidewalk with chalk drawings! :D
    3. read 1000 books in 1 year!

    ReplyDelete
  109. One of my bucket list items is: Travel out of the country (Canada doesn't count)! I'm SO excited 'cause I'm probably going to India this fall! *excited shreak* =]

    ReplyDelete
  110. Me oh my! What a bunch of lovelies you are giving away. Congrats on all the reasons you are doing this giveaway. :)

    Bucket list item: Hot air balloon ride. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  111. I posted your cute little button to my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  112. I follow your blog by email subscription. When I opened my email a little bit ago I saw the email right away and I was like, "Yay!! Polka Dot is having another giveaway!!!" :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  113. I posted to my blog about this giveaway!

    http://thethriftylife4me.tumblr.com/post/7384244982/life-is-too-short-not-to-wear-red-shoes-the-bucket

    ReplyDelete
  114. I think the most interesting thing on my bucket list is to be kissed during a firework show! :)

    ~Jamie Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  115. hi, i just followed you..
    and this blog is sooo lovely..
    i wanna visit Paris once in my life, before i die..

    ReplyDelete
  116. I want to visit england, that would be one of the things on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  117. my tweet: https://twitter.com/#!/FatemaGill/status/89369914149830656

    ReplyDelete
  118. blog post: http://crippled-perfection.tumblr.com/post/7385732680

    ReplyDelete
  119. I added your button to my sidebar! :) ourfamilyviewfromustwo.blogspot.com
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  120. One thing on my bucket list: travel all around Europe! (:

    ReplyDelete
  121. I follow your amazing blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  122. I added the blog button to my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  123. One of the things on my bucket list is to visit a bookstore in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  124. I accidentally linked up twice! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  125. I entered ur give away! i put ur button on my side bar!

    Q: How do you make a blog button?
    please write me back @ http://awriterintheprocess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  126. Travelling definitely tops my bucket list. I've never travelled out of the country, so I'll take anything. :D

    ReplyDelete
  127. I put your button on my sidebar: http://mokolad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  128. I blogged about the giveaway!

    http://insidecassiesmind.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-bucket-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  129. My Bucket List:
    Move to Texas Hill Country and have a cute little house with a big swing in the front and be a mama in a tiny town in Hill Country
    OR
    Move to London and be a photographer

    ReplyDelete
  130. OR I also want to travel the world and be a photo journalist.

    ReplyDelete
  131. I am also a follower of this blog ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  132. Added the button to my blog!!!
    Also, one more thing on my Bucket List is to be kissed in front of the Big Ben while it is raining.

    ReplyDelete
  133. I want to get a Basset Hound and name him Wooton Basset...and I also want to visit Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  134. And I am a follower on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  135. Aaaaand I have put your button on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  136. I want to leave the country before i die. I live in Canada and have never visited another country.

    ReplyDelete
  137. I can't say I've ever made an official bucket list...but traveling to south america would be on there if I had one. Or I guess I do now. haha.

    Adelyn
    noble1ofgod@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  138. I can't say I've ever made an official bucket list...but traveling to south america would be on there if I had one. Or I guess I do now. haha.

    Adelyn
    noble1ofgod@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  139. I can't say I've ever made an official bucket list...but traveling to south america would be on there if I had one. Or I guess I do now. haha.

    Adelyn
    noble1ofgod@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  140. Have your button at:
    http://athankfullheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  141. One thing on my bucket list is to go on a tour of Europe, more specifically, Ireland!!!

    ReplyDelete
  142. It can be a bit part. It can be one line. It can be by an obscure director. It can be a brief shot of me walking past the big-name actors on the street, for Pete's sake. It can be anything. But number eleven is, "Be in a movie."

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day.