I had to take a picture of the sky this morning. True to form, this Oregon winter has been rainy. But today, just in time for New Year's Eve, there is hardly a cloud in the blue, blue sky. A fitting finish to this beautiful year that was two-thousand-ten.
I started this blog... which means everything that I have posted about happened in 2010. : )
Through blogging, I have connected with so many like-minded people across the world, and I absolutely love reading all of your blogs. I never dreamed I would have 290 followers... ever. Thank you.
It has been a good, good year.
- I went on a cruise to Mexico.
- I was a bridesmaid in my brother's beautiful wedding.
- My other brother graduated from college
- I lost my step-grandma to cancer.
- I had an unusual, productive, and thought-filled summer.
- I fell in love with old movies.
- I fell in love with cupcakes.
- I watched several amazing 2010 movies--most notably
- When in Rome, Alice in Wonderland, Inception, Robin Hood, Prince of Persia, and Tangled. It was a good year for movies.
- I fell in love with Gregory Peck.
- I read a lot.
- I climbed all the way to the top of Mt. St. Helens.
- I got two new nieces.
- I began drawing.
- I fell even more in love with photography, and bought my DSLR, Lorenzo.
- I ate countless donuts and didn't gain any weight. : )
- I got to see my friend and my brother start a relationship that never ceases to amaze, delight, & amuse me.
- I changed a lot. I am happy and content and excited for the future.... which was not where I was last year.
Even though this year has had days of sobbing, on those days, there were shoulders to sob into and people to hold onto. It has also been one of laughing until my stomach hurts. It has been one of learning to hope. Learning that no matter what, God will come through.
He has been good.
We are having our annual party with a couple other families. It's not a fancy, wear-a-sparkly-dress kind of party... more like a comfy, food-filled, laugh-a-lot, in-the-country kind of party, where the girls watch chick flicks and the guys play strange world-domination board games and then at midnight, everyone gets together and drinks champagne and the guys shoot guns at the moment it turns the new year.
I hope your celebration is wonderful.
Happy New Year.